Review our Admissions Policy & Criteria [will be linked to Admissions policy section on Admissions page] and apply online and pay a non-refundable $100 application fee (fee is waived for half-day VPK).
The deadline to submit an application is July 1, 2024, but some grades may close earlier based on capacity.
Submit supplemental documents and copies of your child’s former academic records* (if applicable by grade).
Records should include:
- Official Report Card and Standardized Test Score (Grades 1-8)
- Student Educational Recommendation Form (Grades 1-8) *Included in online application
- Copy of birth certificate and health records to include the State of Florida Immunization Form 680 and the State of Florida School Entry Physical Form
- For VPK applicants only: VPK Certificate of Eligibility (voucher)
- If applicable, documentation of any learning challenges or disabilities, including psycho-educational testing, IEP or 504 plans
*Our Registrar will make an official records request from the student’s former school upon application to verify all submitted documents
All students (VPK-8) will complete a grade-specific entrance test. The admission office will email to schedule the student’s assessment.
Applications are subject to a preliminary review to examine application documents and information against minimum criteria before proceeding to the next step. If the criteria is not met, a decline letter will be sent and the application closed. If met, parents will be contacted to schedule a parent interview. In addition to the preliminary criteria, the entrance assessment, parent interviews, and space availability in the class will determine a final admission decision. The Parent Interview is an opportunity for families and leadership to share philosophical compatibility discussions and expectations of a Fort Myers Christian School education experience.
Offers of admission are based on class availability and all the information gathered in the application process which illustrate potential success in our classroom and our curriculum. The decision is prayerfully discerned by our Admissions Committee. Availability is determined after returning families have paid annual reenrollment fees and confirmed enrollment for the upcoming school year. Once classes are full, accepted students will be placed in a wait pool and notified if space becomes available.
Enrollment Offer Completion & Payment of $400 registration fee ($225 for full day VPK, half-day VPK fee is waived) If an offer of enrollment is made, please follow the instructions in the acceptance email to complete enrollment within two weeks of offer. This includes setting up a tuition payment plan in our FACTS tuition management system.
Applicants to Fort Myers Christian School will be considered for enrollment on a student by student basis according to the following criteria as applicable by grade:
- The parent and student are in support of Fort Myers Christian School’s Statement of Faith, Mission and Philosophy as a Christian school.
- At least one member of the student’s immediate family is a born again believer as stated in John 3:3
- Applicants (1-8 grades) should demonstrate evidence of success in a traditional classroom setting, proficiency at the 30th percentile or higher in Reading and Math on standardized testing, including our admissions assessment, be on or above grade level, and have a minimum of a 2.5 unweighted GPA (in core subjects and overall.)
- Applicants (VPK and Kindergarten) must successfully complete an in-person screening and demonstrate evidence of potential success in an early learning education environment. The standardized screening assesses age-appropriate, developmental milestones using observation, interviews and child academic performance to pinpoint understanding in the domains tied to early development and school or kindergarten readiness.
- Students with an IEP, 504 or other accommodation plan must meet the admission requirements, and understand admission may not be offered if it is determined that Fort Myers Christian School is unable to meet the academic, emotional, medical, or behavioral needs of the student. If the student is offered admission, they may be required to enroll in an educational support program at an additional cost.
- The student should have a clean discipline history with no suspensions, expulsions, or history of behavioral issues, and be able to return to their former school.
- The student should read, write and speak fluent English.
- For students entering VPK (K4) or Kindergarten, the student must be bathroom independent (fully potty trained) and the appropriate age by September 1 of the school year. Age 4 by Sept. 1 for our VPK (K4) program and age 5 for Kindergarten.
*Submitting an application and fee is required for admission consideration, but does not guarantee admission. An application is not a guarantee of admission even if minimum criteria is met, due to competitive applicant pools.